Saturday, November 14, 2009

About the Robots

(Small Sample of Nearly 100 Handmade Robots)

One of a Kind, Robot Sculpture, that are Jiggly Wiggly.
Each Robot is handmade from polymer clay and coiled wire.

They have been featured all over the web:
Robot's Awesomely Featured (Flickr Gallery)

FAQ: What's their story? What are these? How are they made!?!
Robot Sculptures: Their Story

✚ABOUT THE ROBOTS
One starry night I left my window open and this wee little creature sprung through, a little Robot who was lost and lonely. He told me of more of his kind, springy Robots of different sizes and shapes who were in need of a home. I told him “You’re quite jiggly wiggly and I will help you find a home!”

I held him up to the sky and he used his little antennas to call out to more jiggly wiggly Robots, to tell come my way and I would help find them a loving home!

✚What are Jiggly Wiggly Robots?
They are one of a kind (ooak) polymer clay art sculptures that are handmade by me! Though they have those most adorable children like faces, you cannot play with them as this could damage the sculpture.

✚Why the little heart?
Because we all need a little heart in life.

✚Are the Robots toys? ✚Do the Robots move?
NO, even though they look cute and have springy necks, arms and legs they are NOT bendable! The Jiggly Wiggly Robots are art sculptures, I used lighter coiled wire on some of the earlier Robots and when picked up and lightly shaken went all “jiggly wiggly” thus the name. NOW, all Robots are constructed with galvanized steel.

✚How are they made?
I take polymer clay shape it robotic shapes, add beads for eyes, wire woven into springs (coiling gizmo rocks) make neck, arms & legs, baked in oven to a rock hard finish and finally brush multiple coats of varnish for years of delight.

✚Have a question? Want a custom Robot?
Contact me today, let's chat. I will answer all questions within 24 hours.

Twitter: RobotsAwesome (Announcements Only)
Twitter: HerArtSheLoves (Announcements w/ Personal Musings)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, thanks!