Monday, October 7, 2013

Orlando Mini Maker Faire 2013 Wrap Up

Woohoo! It's over, after months of planning Orlando's 2nd Maker Faire moved to the Orlando Science Center this year. Took over the Science Center to be more exact. It was full of extra geeky goodness.

Friday night the robots and myself packed up and headed over to the Science Center and setup our table:
 

I setup all the table accents and flair, the robots took a nap and would come out the next day:

Obligatorily Signage:

Saturday morning, robots all setup and ready to be adopted into a loving geeky home:
 
My side of the table at the Faire, I sculpted little robots through on the day, answered questions and set up a few nice robot adoptions.
 

Badge for makers of Orlando Maker Faire 2013, artwork by Justin Peterson


Terrible blurry photo of awesome artist Justin Peterson and his table.

My assistant aka helper monkey hubby for the day bought this original artwork by Justin Peterson who also drew the Maker Faire mascot dino to the left.


I got to meet Jen the awesome  gal behind CakeWreck.com and Epbot.com! She gave me this awesome little pin. Remember kids aim to be featured on Epbot not CakeWrecks.

Pretty sure this otherworldly creature was looking at me the entire day. This creepy and awesome alien head by Barry S. Anderson of Ghoul School

I was commissioned by Maker Faire organizer Ian Cole to make a sculpture of Justin Peterson's Stan the T-Rex illustration. He was given much during the faire!


Had an awesome day!

-HerArtSheLoves
http://theawesomerobots.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice, thanks!